Trailer Repair Technician
Department: Fleet Maintenance
Reports to: Fleet & Equipment Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Purpose of the Position:
The Trailer Repair Technician is responsible for general trailer repairs and inspections.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and perform maintenance/repairs to Department of Transportation regulations
- Trailer Technician requirements: Be able to complete diagnostics and repairs on equipment:
Tires, suspension parts, air system, chambers, airbags, PSI system, wheel seals, brakes, slack adjusters , S cams, electrical components, lights and body structure with minor patches to body, installing rear doors, securing side skirts.
- Body Technician requirements: Inspects and repairs body and axle replacements, upper and bottom rails, side-panels, roof patches and full replacements , corner caps, doors, all body structure replacement, wood floors and plates for damage or defect. Welding required
- Basic repairs on ThermoKing and Carrier refrigerated units: PM services including oil change, fuel sensors and belts. Any diesel reefer experience is a plus.
- Use ladders, scaffolds, scissor lifts, forklifts and other shop equipment, as needed as per safety standards
- Inspects equipment and tools to ensure they are safe and in good working order. Report malfunctioning equipment to supervisory personnel.
- All tools and toolboxes are provided by the company to perform job duties. Each technician will be responsible for any and all tools in the work bay.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform related duties as assigned and assist others as needed.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift certified preferred, but not required
- Welding, suspension and frame work experience a plus.
- Some experience and a certain level of proficiency in use of all tools required for the job, certified mechanic experience or basic mechanical knowledge required. Will train the right applicants.
- Basic computer skills to use computer and hand held tablets
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
- Attendance is critical
- Service Truck requirements: Able to pass state Class E exam in order to drive service truck for road calls
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
DRIVERS - PLEASE APPLY ON ONE OF OUR DRIVE FOR ARTUR PAGES, NOT THIS FORM. This form does NOT go to driver recruiting, and we want to make sure your application goes to the right place.
"*" indicates required fields