Senior Trailer Repair Technician
We are seeking full time experienced trailer repair technicians to join our team. Qualified trailer technicians must be able to perform general trailer repairs. Basic duties and responsibilities may include:
- Inspect and perform maintenance/repairs to Department of Transportation regulations
- Perform repairs to aluminum, steel, fiberglass, and plastic materials
- Prepare vehicle surfaces for reconditioning
- Inspects air brake lines, couplers, tanks, valves, shoes, drums, pads and rotors; services, adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary
- Inspects low voltage wiring couplers, harnesses, lights, batteries, and charging systems; services adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary
- Inspects and repairs body and chassis rails, side-sheets, caps, doors, retainers, fasteners, floors and plates for damage or defect; performs metal and wood carpentry tasks to repair/replace; performs sheet metal and decal work to finish
- Use ladders, scaffolds, and other shop equipment, as needed as per safety standards
- Patch up holes in trailer’s and perform other duties as required.
- Basic repairs on ThermoKing and Carrier refrigerated units
- Inspects equipment and tools to ensure they are safe and in good working order. Report malfunctioning equipment to supervisory personnel.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform related duties as assigned and assist others as needed.
- Forklift certified preferred, but not required
- Welding, suspension and frame work experience a plus!
- Some experience and a certain level of proficiency in use of all tools required for the job (welding equipment, plasma cutters, drills, sanders, die-grinders, impact wrenches, and jacks) required
- Must have own hand tools or be willing to build set.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
The work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday with a rotating Saturday schedule.
Full Benefit Package
Medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and PTO