Operations Manager – Dedicated
Department: Operations – Dedicated Division
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Purpose of the Position:
The Operations Manager is responsible for supervision of assigned operations team related to dedicated accounts. He/she is also the top layer of support/communication/trouble shooting with drivers assigned to accounts and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and supervise a team of dispatch and customer analysts who oversee 100 dedicated drivers and accounts
- Ensure team is monitoring reports to cut costs and making updates as needed
- Work with dispatchers on any adjustment requests regarding technology, policy or daily issues
- Work with Director of Corporate Development to coordinate training of new employees and retraining of current employees
- Lead weekly team staff meetings
- Review and resolve issues/mistakes via daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Liaison to customer on escalated issues related to the dedicated accounts
- Work directly with Pricing & Analytics team on escalated customer issues or questions or new business
- Handle escalated driver issues that team cannot handle
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work well under pressure, able to multi-task and organize.
- Advanced understanding of DOT regulations.
- Understanding of transportation guidelines
- 5+ years’ experience in the Transportation Industry is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift, move, and carry objects no more than 15 pounds on a regular basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Artur Express, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DRIVERS - PLEASE APPLY ON ONE OF OUR DRIVE FOR ARTUR PAGES, NOT THIS FORM. This form does NOT go to driver recruiting, and we want to make sure your application goes to the right place.
"*" indicates required fields
DRIVERS - CLICK HERE