Human Resource Generalist
Artur Express is a full-service, nationwide transportation and logistics company located in Hazelwood, MO and we are growing! We recently moved into our brand-new state of the art, employee/driver friendly new headquarters. We offer a fully equipped fitness center, laundry, showers, game/break room, theatre room, BBQ/patio area, as well as height adjustable work stations, and Starbucks coffee. People who join Artur Express, Inc. will have a number of opportunities for personal growth, high integrity, team support and work environments that promote personal safety and health
We are looking for a Human Resource Generalist who will coordinate and administer employee payroll and benefits programs, while assisting the Human Resource Manager with a broad range of complex and specialized projects and duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers employee payroll for drivers (weekly) and office staff (bi-weekly)
- Supports the administration of employee insurance programs including life, disability, and health insurance plans.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- May recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Facilitates new hire orientation.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and compensation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of HR law and regulations.
- Ability to work, communicate and build rapport with various levels of employees.
Education and Experience:
- Prior transportation, logistics or manufacturing experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related area.
- 1-2 years of experience administering payroll or benefits programs required.
- 3-5 years of general human resource experience preferred.
- Experience with ADP payroll preferred.
Please send resume to HR@arturexpress.com