General Purpose of the Position:
The Freight Coordinator will be responsible for receiving load tenders from customer, planning for an assigned region and tendering loads to carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepting load tenders and order entry into Ditat TMS system
- Scheduling pickup and delivery times
- Tracking loads and giving updates to customers as requested
- Review customer lanes to maximize profitability. Discuss any issues with management
- Review, manage and resolve trailer allocations and dwelling at specific assigned customer locations
- Communicate directly with carriers as needed to cover customer freight
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Work well under pressure, able to multi-task and organize
- 2+ years’ experience in the Transportation Industry is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift, move, and carry objects no more than 15 pounds on a regular basis.
Email resumes to [email protected]
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. GHC Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.