Department: Recruiting and Marketing
Reports to: Vice President of Driver Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Purpose of the Position:
The primary function of a Driver Recruiter is to recruit, interview, screen, and refer driver candidates who meet our minimum safety qualifications to perform the essential qualifications of a prospective driver.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate daily with potential drivers about the benefits of driving for Artur Express, Inc. through a variety of contact methods
- Review application and pre-qualify potential new hires through phone interviews
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with candidates
- Receive, input, or update driver information in Tenstreet
- Partner with operations to understand hiring needs
- Liaison with Compliance, Safety, and Onboarding for driver processing and orientation scheduling
- Initiate contact with potential driver candidates.
- Provide accurate job descriptions to applicants.
- Execute traditional and creative recruiting strategies that attract the ideal candidates.
- Establish immediate rapport with potential driving associates by seeking to understand their career goals and interests.
- Contact all new leads the day they are received using 3 methods of contact (Phone, Email, Text).
- Set specific commitments with each potential driving associate and follow up to make sure they are kept.
- Maintain daily contact with drivers who are scheduled for orientation.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, pay, and specialty and dedicated opportunities.
- Read, review, and understand all reports (i.e. MVRs, DAC and background checks).
- Run reports and fully process driver applications.
- Interview, gather, and analyze information skillfully to obtain a complete application and pre-qualify applicants.
- Arrange travel and lodging for out-of-town applicants.
- Provide feedback on leads and lead quality.
- Assist with social media moderation and prospective candidate questions.
- Follow up with new hires to assist with retention.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1-3 years of prior related experience
- Knowledge of transportation/trucking industry
- General knowledge of DOT requirements
- Ability to work independently as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with Tenstreet is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift, move, and carry objects no more than 15 pounds on a regular basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Artur Express, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DRIVERS - PLEASE APPLY ON ONE OF OUR DRIVE FOR ARTUR PAGES, NOT THIS FORM. This form does NOT go to driver recruiting, and we want to make sure your application goes to the right place.
"*" indicates required fields