The Dispatcher is responsible for communication and setting expectations with the drivers assigned. You will be responsible for building a relationship and setting realistic expectations in order to improve quality and quantity of service. Creating a sense of urgency of your driver’s and making certain we are achieving driver’s goals weekly. You will be on call to communicate directly with the driver to resolve any load issues that Afterhours cannot handle directly. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign loads to drivers via the system as well as verbal communication and confirmation
- Provide up to date information associated with loads (to drivers and to customer account managers)
- Negotiate rates with contractors to maximize miles, productivity and profitability per truck
- Required to complete 2 check calls per day per driver on all trips over 500 miles.
- Communicate any and all information related to sensitive shipments via required procedures.
- Track every driver for on time service.
- Process BOLs and follow up if illegible, blurry or missing information
- Make certain drivers are being paid correctly.
- Review driver performance metrics and make suggestions as needed
- Work with planners on load assignments
- Maximize driver miles and productivity
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work well under pressure, able to multi-task and organize.
- Advanced understanding of DOT regulations.
- Understanding of transportation guidelines
- 5+ years’ experience in the Transportation Industry is preferred
Please send resume to HR@arturexpress.com.