Reports to: Dispatch Team Leader
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Purpose of the Position:
To work with planners to keep driver moving; to work with the drivers to make sure they have everything they need to remain compliant and be successful in running their trucks and making pickups/deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain loads from planners and convey them to drivers over the phone
- Dispatching of drivers when load is assigned
- Ensure that drivers’ settlements are completed and turned in on time in order to get paid
- Assign loads to drivers via the system as well as verbal communication and confirmation
- Provide up to date information associated with loads (to drivers and to customer account managers)
- Required to complete 2 check calls per day per driver on all trips over 500 miles
- Communicate any and all information related to sensitive shipments via required procedures.
- Track every driver for on time service.
- Process BOLs and follow up if illegible, blurry or missing information
- Make certain drivers are being paid correctly.
- Work with drivers to maximize miles and productivity
- Assist drivers with DSC habits
- Track driving idling habits
- Daily reports to follow
- Dispatcher Dashboard
- BOLS to be Processed
- Pending check calls
- Idling truck Samsara
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work well under pressure, able to multi-task and organize.
- Advanced understanding of DOT regulations.
- Understanding of transportation guidelines
- 1+ years’ experience in the Transportation Industry is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift, move, and carry objects no more than 15 pounds on a regular basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Artur Express, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DRIVERS - PLEASE APPLY ON ONE OF OUR DRIVE FOR ARTUR PAGES, NOT THIS FORM. This form does NOT go to driver recruiting, and we want to make sure your application goes to the right place.
"*" indicates required fields