Department: Safety & Claims
Reports to: Director of Safety
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary of the Position:
We are looking for a highly-analytical claims administrator to join our Claims/Safety Department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing client claims, determining allowable benefits, and determining at fault financial assignment. He/she will work with internal departments and external vendors to help procure stranded and disabled assets and ensure they reach terminals for repair. The chosen candidate will be professional, highly-analytical, and possess in-depth knowledge of the latest FMCSA, CSA, and DOT Policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the backup point of contact for claims (OSD, physical damage, liability)
- Daily review, follow up and updating of claims with Claims Processor
- Receives notices of incidents that are likely to have an insurance or loss impact.
- Oversee and manage major claims with fleet equipment, safety and management
- Manage worker compensation claims working with HR and Safety Director(s)
- Regular meetings with fleet equipment and safety directors
- Prepare, analyze and update claims reports
- Review monthly reports from insurance and escalate discrepancies
- Work closely with Fleet Management to review invoices and estimates
- Enter claim related deductions
- Manage claims correspondence with customers and insurance agencies
- At direction of Safety Director, develops SOPs for accidents/incident investigation and resolution
- Develops and administers driver and staff training related to claims processing
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask with effective organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Previous analytical or investigative experience preferred
- Experience tracking, analyzing and reporting data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well independently while understanding the need for coordination and communication with other employees to reach a common goal.
- Microsoft Office experience, especially Excel and Outlook
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Artur Express, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DRIVERS - PLEASE APPLY ON ONE OF OUR DRIVE FOR ARTUR PAGES, NOT THIS FORM. This form does NOT go to driver recruiting, and we want to make sure your application goes to the right place.
"*" indicates required fields