General Purpose of the Position:
The Pricing Analyst serves a key role in the development and maintenance of the pricing department and all the related processes. This position assists in all aspects of contractual pricing as related to Artur Express and its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of RFPs and carrier bid events.
- Assist in the management of contracts between Artur Express and customers.
- Create, communicate, and monitor routing guides for operations, planning department to execute against.
- Ensure accurate pricing and awarded volumes are uploaded into the TMS rate system.
- Responsible for carrier management in regards to bidding & pricing.
- Help maintain customer partnerships with Artur Express as related to pricing negotiations.
- Analyze and review reports for profitability.
- Negotiate carrier pricing between Artur Express and customers.
- Working with operations department to improve service to meet expected goals.
- Collect, analyze and manage quantitative data from various sources (TMS).
- Analyze current carrier market for pricing trends.
- Manage customer fuel surcharge tables.
- Manage as directed, carrier Tariffs and contracts.
- Manage as directed in ad-hoc pricing for customer accounts as requested.
- Assist as directed in the bidding process, from start to finish.
- Assist in facilitating bidding process for TAB, reefer van division and asset division.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- BA/BS in logistics or related field with 5+ year’s previous business experience, preferably in supply chain, transportation, procurement, or warehousing with 2-3 years demonstrated experience in carrier development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills; strict attention to detail; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel formulization (Word, Outlook)
- Previous experience with JDA–TMS, Jaggaer, Coupa Host, Lean Source, Keelvar, and other bidding software TMS preferred.
- High analytical ability desired and strong front line management skills.
- Ability to manage project deadlines.